All the DCP Questions!!

Hi everyone!! I am so excited to be starting this blog in hopes of keeping all of my family and friends up to date on my college program!! I have been blown away by the amount of support I've received over the past 8 months on this journey. I am truly blessed! With all the support also comes lots of questions so I figured I would make a post with everything I know at this point! 



1. Are you going to be a princess???
This has been the top question I've gotten! Unfortunately, I am not going to be close friends with any princesses or characters while on my program. My official role is Quick Service Food and Beverage (QSFB). I will be working at one of the many walk-up/quick service restaurants located on Disney Property.

2. Where are you going to live???
The Disney College Program (DCP) provides housing for all of their participants (CP's) near Disney World. I will stay in one of the four housing complexes in a 4-8 person apartment. I will have a number of roommates I'm staying with and cannot wait to meet them and make many memories! 

3. How do your parents feel???
They are so excited for me! I know so many people that do the DCP don't have the support like I do so I am so thankful for that. I know they're going to miss me when I'm there, but we have already started booking trips for them to come down and visit! 

4. How long are you there???
I got accepted for the spring college program so my official program dates are January 13-May 14 2020. I'm so excited to experience the Superbowl parade, Easter, Festival of the Arts, Flower and Garden Festival, and all of the other fun things Disney has to offer during the spring months! 

5. How does this affect school???
I will be graduating a semester early at the local community college I'm attending in December so instead of transferring right away, I'm taking the semester to go work for the mouse! 

6. What was the application like??? 
The DCP application is a three part process. You send in an initial application and after submitting you will go into Application Received. The recruiters go over your application and you will either be moved on to a Web-Based Interview (WBI) or will be No Longer in Consideration (NLIC). After completing the WBI, you immediately receive a message saying "Schedule a phone interview" or you be NLIC'd. The third step is a phone interview with a Disney recruiter. I was interviewed by Todd. The hardest waiting period begins after your phone interview. Acceptances go out in waves so you just wait until you "catch a wave" and get your acceptance email! The application process can take anywhere from a few days to a few months. This was my second time applying. Last season I waited 8 weeks to get NLIC'd after step 1. This season I waited 15 days to go through all three steps and receive an offer. There's no set time limit so it's all about trusting the process! 

7. Can people come visit you???
YES!!! I cannot guarantee what my crazy work schedule will look like from week to week but I would definitely spend time visiting when work allows!! I cannot provide housing or anything like that, but yes- I can have visitors come down and see me! 

8. What made you want to do the DCP???
I have always wanted to work for Disney World at some point in my life!! I learned about the DCP a few years ago and after doing hours of research on the program, I knew it was an incredible opportunity I wanted to take part in! Getting to learn and work for one of the most well respected and highly known companies in the world will hopefully open up new doors for me in the future. 

9. Is it really a college??? 
No ;) Different classes are offered during your program if you choose to participate in them but they are not required. It's just called the college program because all participants must be enrolled in a college course to participate. 

10. What are you most excited for??? 
EVERYTHING!! I really cannot pick one thing I'm looking forward to the most! From getting to meet people from all around the world, to going to the parks all the time, and getting to network with other cast members, I am so excited for all the new opportunities Orlando has to offer and to see where God leads me after this! 



Have a magical day!!! xoxo
 -Hannah 

Comments