DCP Update and Sharing the News!


There are lots of exciting things happening around here lately!! As of today I am 2 weeks away from leaving for a Disney vacation! I'm going with my best friend and her family for a week over Thanksgiving!! I cannot wait to stay at Wilderness Lodge, see all the Christmas decorations, try all the holiday snacks, and go to Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party!! As of today I am also only TWO MONTHS away from moving to Orlando!! Time is flying by and with the holiday season coming up, I know it will be here before I know it. This week I have received emails on signing up for housing and more information for my pre-arrival checklist which is making everything seem so real!! With the school semester starting to wrap up, I keep getting more and more excited for this new adventure!! 

I wanted to make a post about how I told my friends and family I got in so down the road I would remember how it all went down. On September 3rd I was heading home from an extended weekend trip to Indy to visit my best friend. It was such a fun weekend talking all about "if I got into the DCP." I headed home early that morning and stopped at Starbucks about halfway to work. When I stopped I saw a message saying that there was going to be an acceptance wave that day. I instantly got so nervous since there had been a wave the week before that I didn't catch. I drove the rest of the way to work without hearing anything and started to see other people post their acceptance letters on Facebook. My dad had texted me to see if I had heard anything back. I hadn't yet, so I told him no, then not long after that I got the magical email. I was at work trying to rock a baby to sleep and my apple watch buzzed. I looked down and all I saw was "Congratulations" from the Disney email. I immediately laid the baby down in her crib and told my coworker I would be right back. I ran out to my car (crying) to get my laptop and opened my acceptance letter once I got back in. I found out that I was going to in QSFB and read through all of my offer. I accepted my offer, but had to wait to pay my fees and dates until I told my parents. I immediately told my awesome boss (because I just HAD to tell someone) and thank goodness for her because my emotions were everywhere! Before leaving work I also texted my best friend's dad because I knew he was going to see her the next day and wanted to see if I could ride with him to surprise her in person! 

I left work and immediately came home to get some Mickey balloons that I had been hiding since January for if I happened to get in. I got ready, got the balloons blown up, hid them in my car, then went up to the RHS volleyball game to surprise my parents. I knew my parents had no clue because like mentioned above my dad had already asked and then my mom had also texted and asked later that afternoon and I used Hurricane Dorian as an excuse that "they weren't sending many offers because their computer systems weren't working the best." When I got to the game I told my sister, Hailey, because I was going to need her to record everyone's reactions. I was wanting to wait until the end of the game so I went up to the stands to watch. I was sitting near Meghan and Michael (my Sunday School leaders) so I told them during the game but had to wait to tell my grandparents. After the game was over, Hailey and I went out to my car to tell my parents. Their reaction is in the video at the end, but it went great! We also went and told my grandparents and Don and Melanie that night. 

The next day we went to tell Audrey! Like I said her dad was already going up to see her and to pick her grandma up from the airport so after she got out from class, I was hiding around the building waiting for her! Then we went and picked up her grandma (who also had no idea I would be there). It was so great getting to surprise everyone!! 

Here is a video I put together with my timeline on getting accepted. It shows everything from my first application, my NLIC inspired trip, my phone interview, and finally getting to share my exciting news! 
Have a magical day!!
xoxo -Hannah







Comments