COVID- 19 Update

Last weekend I had to make a very hard post regarding how COVID-19 was affecting my program with Disney. Here were the events leading up to that post. Everything seemed to be closing around the world due to the Coronavirus, however there was absolutely no talk of Disney closing at work. Thursday night after we got off work Audrey and I were walking through Magic Kingdom when we heard of the closing, we saw a WDWNT article first, then we got notified on the HUB (your main source of all information as a cast member) of the closure. The notification stated that the parks would be closing but cast members would continue to be paid for the two weeks. Friday I worked in the morning and got told by a leader to keep checking my schedule because I would probably be deployed somewhere for the two weeks off, however, I knew that night there was a union meeting to decide what the next steps were. Saturday we got some pretty shocking news none of us wanted to hear. This was my original post on Facebook-

"It is with a very heavy heart that I’m having to write this. As many of you know Disney World is closing tomorrow until the end of the month. With this comes so many questions and concerns. One of those questions is how does this affect me and I’m here to answer that question.
This morning at work all CPs got called into the leaders office. During that meeting they told us that because of the closure Disney has decided to send all program participants home. As I’m sure you can imagine, this is to say the least heartbreaking. I could’ve never imagined this opportunity being cut short. I’m upset, I’m confused, I’m disappointed, but I’m thankful for the chance to get to work for the Walt Disney Company. As of tomorrow I’m officially in the Disney Alumni Association and I’m looking forward to the possibility of making more magic someday.
Over the next few weeks please send extra love to cast members and CPs. Being in a park after the announcement has put a lot into perspective but overall has reminded me I work for the very best company. Guests are making magic for cast members and there is just a completely different feel at the happiest place on earth. I’m not really up to talk much about it and just trying to process what is all going on here. The more I know and process the more I will update. Thanks for all the love and support the past two months. 
xoxo"

My leaders were incredible through this. That could not have been an easy job telling us of our suspension and they were so understanding of us not wanting to go back on stage while we processed it. They gave us all early releases and days off so we could enjoy the last few days in the parks. I want to make a whole post on my last few days of the program because they will forever be some of the best days. It's hard to explain how the parks were those last few days but they were so special. I want to continue to post some blogs I was working on during my time there but for now I needed to update that I'm now home and my program is suspended. We did receive full program completion through Disney and all received "alumni status" with the company. I'm sad that it ended but so thankful for all the memories. The next few hours after getting told at work included calling my parents to arrange plans, telling my roommates and talking through it with them, and then planning our last day and a half in the parks. I'll save the rest for another post here soon. Thanks for reading and for all the love and support. 
xoxo, Hannah 

Comments