My Last Few Days in Florida

Similar to my last few days in the parks, it's hard to find words to describe the emotions of my last few days in Florida. I had to say goodbye to so many people who I had grown so close to as well as pack up our entire apartment. Although they were filled with so many tears, they were some pretty special last few days. 

Monday morning we all slept in and kinda lounged around the apartment most of the morning going through all of our pictures and reminiscing on the past two months. I had to take some costumes back to Costuming and needed to pick up a new name tag I had ordered with my hometown on it. Audrey brought her costumes too so we returned them then picked up my name tag before driving around a very VERY empty property. It was honestly pretty eerie and sad driving around and not seeing cars or guests. We drove over to Disney University because I wanted to take a picture with my name tag then took some pictures in front of a very empty Magic Kingdom entrance. 

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, sky and outdoor

Image may contain: sky, cloud and outdoor

After we came back to Chatham our friend, Myah, met us there as we unpacked our pantry to give her a lot of our food we couldn't take with us. She helped us pack up some things then we went to dinner at the Grand Floridian Cafe. I had never eaten there so it was so fun to try it out! After dinner we went and got a treat from Gasparilla then sat at the back of the resort looking at Cinderella's Castle lit up. Dinner was a blast and I'm so thankful for the memories we made that night! We went back to Chatham for a while before Myah had to leave :( We finished packing up some small things that night then went to bed. 

Image may contain: people sitting, table and indoor

Image may contain: 2 people, people sitting

Image may contain: dessert, food and indoor

Image may contain: one or more people, selfie and closeup

Image may contain: 5 people, including Brianna Taylor, Hannah Dean and Courtney Reel
our last night in 24104 :(

Tuesday was a really hard day. We started really packing and taking stuff down that morning then helped our roommate, Ellie, take some of her stuff to her storage unit. We got lunch at Taco Bell before heading back to the apartment. We ate lunch then took pictures on our couch and our door before walking Ellie to the front so she could catch her Uber to the Airport. It was so hard to tell her bye. We all hugged and cried before her ride showed up then said our final bye.

Image may contain: 5 people, including Brianna Taylor, Hannah Dean and Courtney Reel, people sitting

Image may contain: 6 people, including Brianna Taylor, Hannah Dean and Courtney Reel, eyeglasses and indoor

Image may contain: 5 people, including Hannah Dean, Brianna Taylor and Courtney Reel, people standing

Image may contain: 5 people, including Hannah Dean, Brianna Taylor and Courtney Reel, people standing
the very best roommates I could've ever asked for 

.Image may contain: 5 people, including Brianna Taylor, Hannah Dean and Courtney Reel, eyeglasses

Walking back to the apartment I met up with my friend, Tiffany, I worked with in Asia to say bye then Brody (who we worked with in Asia and I worked with at Blizzard Beach) walked up so I got to say bye to him too. 

 Image may contain: 3 people, including Tiffany Dodge and Hannah Dean, people standing and outdoor

After saying those hard goodbyes I headed onto property to pick up mom and dad at Pop Century before heading to Ohana for dinner. It was pretty fitting for that to be my last meal on property since it was also my first meal at the beginning of my program. We ate lots of tasty food before driving around property a bit then taking them back to the resort. I headed back to Chatham and talked to Courtney for a bit before she headed to bed since they were leaving early. 

Audrey had met up with her dad so I went over to Vista Way to meet up with my friend, Shannon, who I worked with in Asia. I absolutely loved working with her and we always tried to hang out outside of work, but somehow it never worked out! I'm so thankful the last night we were finally able to go to Beaches and Cream for a treat. It was so fun catching up with her and then walking around the Boardwalk for a bit. We met Audrey there so I could take her back to the apartment. We dropped Shannon back off at Vista way and told her bye before heading back to the apartment. 

Image may contain: Hannah Dean and Shannon Flake, people standing, shorts, tree and outdoor

Image may contain: 1 person, night

We finished packing a lot of our things that night then I kept taking short naps, waking up and packing a bit, napping, packing, etc. I got up around 2:30 am to help Bri and Courtney pack up and clean the apartment. We finished cleaning then had to tell Bri and Courtney bye. Again, so hard to tell them bye. 

Audrey and I were the only ones left in the apartment so continued to pack then went back to bed. We got up and got ready before our parents got there, finished packing up our cars, then said bye to Chatham 24104. I went to the service center to turn in my ID and my key. After turning everything in they handed me my DCP Graduation Ears for completing my program and thanked me for all the magic I made. We then left Chatham for the last time and headed back to Illinois. 
Image may contain: possible text that says '24104'

Image may contain: possible text that says '24104'

Image may contain: 1 person, standing, shoes and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people and outdoor

Those last few days were filled with so many tears and I felt my heart breaking more and more with every person I had to say goodbye too. I miss them all so much but I'm thankful for Facetime calls, snapchats, and other forms of social media to keep up with them! 

I have one more blog I want to write on the final totals of everything I did. I kept track of every single thing I did from what I rode, ate, etc and how many times I did each thing. Any guesses on the park I visited the most? or the attraction I rode the most?? Keep an eye out for a much more fun and positive blog coming soon! 

Thanks for Reading! 
xoxo, Hannah 

Comments